- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, at room temperature
In a large saucepan, place the potatoes in enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 25 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a bowl and coarsely mash; cover to keep warm. Add the kale to the boiling water and cook until bright green and limp, about 2 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the beef, lamb, two-thirds of the garlic, the onion and paprika; season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into 2 logs, for a total of 8 sausages.
In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausages and brown on all sides until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining one-third chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add to the mashed potatoes and stir in the yogurt; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the sausages.