Recipe by Katie Workman
Cook more for the first supper, and your next one comes together in a snap—all for less than $5.00 per person!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large bulb fennel (1 lb.)— quartered, cored and thinly sliced, plus 1 cup fennel fronds
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 6 cod fillets (7 oz. each) or other flaky white fish
- 1 lemon, half zested and half quartered
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium. Add the sliced fennel and onions, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook 1 minute. Reserve 2 cups vegetables for the French-Style Fish Chowder. Transfer the rest of the vegetables to plates.
2. Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Season the fillets and cook, turning once, until just flaky, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Reserve 2 fillets for the French-Style Fish Chowder. Serve the rest of the fillets on the vegetables; top with the fennel fronds and zest. Serve with the lemon wedges.