- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 lb.), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large acorn squash (about 1 lb.) -- peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 cloves garlic, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cod fillets (6 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons flour
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . On a large baking sheet, toss the onion, sweet potato, squash, garlic and 2 tbsp. oil. Arrange in a single layer; season with salt and pepper. Roast, rotating the sheet halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven; top with the spinach. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. oil; season and toss until the spinach wilts slightly, about 2 minutes.
Sprinkle the oregano on both sides of the cod fillets; season. Place the flour in a bowl and dredge each fillet to coat.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the cod and cook, turning once, until the fillets are golden brown on the outside and just opaque in the centers, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with the vegetable mixture.