- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced crosswise and rinsed thoroughly
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 pound serrano ham, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 6 5 ounces cod fillets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, thyme and lemon peel and cook, stirring, until the leeks are softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ham and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm.
Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. In the same large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Coat the fish in the flour, shaking off any excess, and place in the skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden and just opaque in the center, about 8 minutes.
Divide the leek mixture among 6 plates and top each mound with a fillet. Serve with the lemon wedges.