- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds new potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons choopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, green and white portions chopped separately
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 red grapefruits, 2 cut into segments, 2 juiced
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, cut into 8 pieces and chilled
Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, return to the pot and toss with the parsley.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook until browned, 5 to 8 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate.
Add the scallion whites to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the wine and grapefruit juice, scraping up any browned bits; bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 piece of butter until smooth; repeat with the remaining 7 pieces. Stir in the grapefruit segments and scallion greens and season with salt and pepper. Serve over the chicken, alongside the potatoes.