Recipe by Alexa Weibel
Price per serving: $2.69
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup corn grits (not instant)
- 1 cup canned creamed corn
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 oz. each)
- 4 tbsp. plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb. mustard greens, tough stems discarded and leaves chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a boil with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Add the grits and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Stir in the corn and cheese; cover and remove from heat.
2. In 2 separate shallow bowls, place the breadcrumbs and buttermilk. In a small bowl, mix the poultry seasoning with 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Pat the chicken dry and season it all over with the blend. Working with 1 piece at a time, dip the chicken in the buttermilk, then coat in the breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Cook the chicken until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the mustard greens; season and cook, stirring often, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. In a food processor, pulse the remaining 1/2 cup oil with the greens and the garlic until almost smooth; season.
5. Divide the grits among bowls; top with the pesto and chicken.