- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 pita pockets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms (2 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms (2 cups)
- 2 bunches of baby arugula (or baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken meat torn into bite-size pieces from 1 small rotisserie chicken (include some skin if you like)
Trim a narrow strip off one end of each pita and open the pitas with your fingers.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until the butter stops foaming. Add the cremini mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Push the cremini to the side of the skillet and add the white mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the white mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the arugula and heat until just wilted; season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat. Mix in the chicken and spoon the filling into the pitas. Serve warm.