- Prep Time
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 serrano chile, seeded if desired
- 1 cup parsley sprigs
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
- Grated peel of 1 lemon and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 16 ounce loaf ciabatta bread, sliced on an angle into 12 pieces
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Preheat the grill to medium. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and garlic.
Using a food processor, finely chop the chile. Add the parsley, cilantro and lemon peel and coarsely chop; transfer to a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice and half of the prepared garlic oil; season with salt and pepper.
Brush the bread with half the remaining garlic oil. Cut the skirt steak into 4 portions. Brush with the remaining garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Meanwhile, grill the bread on both sides until toasted.
Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Spread one side of each toast with mayonnaise and top with the chimichurri sauce and tomato slices. Thinly slice the steak on an angle and divide among the toasts. Top with more chimichurri sauce.