- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 4 - 5 tablespoons tamari sauce or liquid amino
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch broccolini, each stalk halved lengthwise into thin, 3- to 4-inch stalks
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 8 ounces soba or brown-rice soba noodles
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
In a large bowl, thin the tahini with very hot water, adding by the tablespoon and whisking after each addition. (Some tahini is thick and will need 4 tbsp. of water.) Whisk in the tamari, ginger, garlic and chili paste.
In a large pot, bring a few inches of water to a simmer for the broccolini. Salt the water, add the broccolini and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccolini to a bowl of ice water. Let cool briefly; drain. Fill the pot with fresh water and bring to a boil for the soba. Add the broccolini, scallions, sprouts, edamame and carrot to the tahini mixture.
Add the soba to the boiling water; cook according to package directions. Drain; toss with the vegetables and sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.