- Butter and flour, for coating the Bundt pan
- 4 eggs, preferably free-range organic
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup extra-light olive oil
- 1 pear (such as Anjou), peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, preferably from an organic lemon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Cake Cream
Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 325 degrees . Grease and flour a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan.
In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium until creamy and light yellow, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour, cornmeal, olive oil, pear, limoncello, baking powder and lemon zest until just combined. Add the milk and stir until just combined.
Scrape the batter into the pan. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Turn the oven off, open the oven door slightly and leave the cake in the oven to cool.