Recipe by Odette Williams
Start to Finish: 55 minutes
Roasted Feta and Thyme Tomatoes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled feta
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 ripe avocados, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Bread and Toppings
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 8 slices prosciutto (4 oz.)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices sourdough (1 inch thick), lightly toasted
- Fresh thyme leaves and flaky sea salt, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Place the tomatoes on a medium baking sheet. Sprinkle with the feta and crushed red pepper, then the thyme. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, shaking the baking sheet every 5 minutes, until the tomatoes are slightly charred in spots, about 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, using a potato masher or fork, smash the avocados, EVOO, lemon juice, and garlic until the avocados are mashed but not smooth; season.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium. Drizzle with olive oil, then swirl to coat the pan. Working in batches, fry the prosciutto in a single layer until crispy, about 2 minutes per side; drizzle the pan with oil between batches. Transfer to a plate.
4. Crack the eggs into the skillet with the prosciutto drippings. Cook over medium heat to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for whites that are set and yolks that are runny; season.
5. Top the toasts with the avocados and prosciutto, then the eggs. Top with the roasted feta and tomatoes. Garnish with thyme and flaky salt. Season with pepper.