- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 link (3.25 oz.) cured chorizo, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs plus 4 egg whites beaten together
- 6 small (7-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded 50% reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the onion, chorizo and bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato and lightly season with salt and pepper. Add the eggs and stir to scramble the mixture, continually scraping the bottom of the pan until just cooked through but still moist, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl and let cool.
Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Divide half the cheese among the tortillas, placing it on the upper half of each. Top with the egg mixture and the remaining cheese. Fold up the bottom half of each tortilla over the filling, then fold in the 2 sides. Wrap the burritos individually in a parchment sleeve if eating right away, or wrap in foil for later.