Recipe by Mindy Fox
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups (7 oz.) finely crushed gingersnap cookies (28 Nabisco cookies)
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest, plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 jar (10 to 12 oz.) lemon curd Whipped cream, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, stir the crushed cookies, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Mix in the melted butter. Press evenly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze until firm, at least 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium- high speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. With the mixer running, slowly pour in the condensed milk, occasionally stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the lemon zest and juice, vanilla, and ginger.
3. Pour the filling over the crust; smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, then spread the lemon curd over the top. Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
4. Just before serving, run a butter knife around the edges of the pan, then release the sides of the pan from the cake. Cut into wedges and serve with the whipped cream.