- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 heaping tbsp. deli mustard (spicy yellow or light brown)
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, preferably Gold's
- 1 teaspoon acacia or other mild honey
- 1 teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) celery seed
- 1/4 cup vegetable, canola or peanut oil
- 2 hearts or 1 head romaine, chopped or shredded
- 2 garlic or half-sour pickles, chopped
- 1 cup bagel chips, lightly crushed
- 1/2 pound thickly sliced deli pastrami, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound thickly sliced Swiss cheese, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, horseradish, honey and celery seed; gradually whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Add the salad ingredients and toss to combine.