Recipe by Renae E. Wilson
This recipe originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes about 25 meatballs
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. (packed) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. apple juice or cider
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
In small saucepan, heat bourbon, 1 tbsp. mustard, tsp. crushed red pepper, the brown sugar, and apple juice. Simmer until sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 7 minutes; season. In bowl, mix pork, shallots, garlic, apple, 1 tbsp. sage, and the remaining mustard and crushed red pepper; form into 2-inch balls. In large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add meatballs; cook until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Toss meatballs with glaze. Garnish with sage.