Recipe by Kristen Hartke
This article originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 15 minutes (plus cooling)
Servings: Makes 1
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 750-ml bottle silver tequila
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 one-inch chunks fresh unpeeled ginger
- 2 oz. cinnamon tequila (recipe above)
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. ginger simple syrup (recipe above)
- 1/4 oz. triple sec
- 2 oz. chilled club soda
- Flaky salt (optional)
- Lime wheel, for garnish
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
1. For the cinnamon tequila, put the cinnamon sticks in the bottle of tequila. Let it sit in a cool, dark place for at least 3 days.
2. For the simple syrup, in a small saucepan, bring the sugar, ginger, and 3/4 cup water to a low boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove the ginger and let cool completely. (Can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.)
3. For 1 drink, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and triple sec. Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with club soda and a pinch of flaky salt, if using. Garnish with the lime wheel and cinnamon stick.