Recipe by Renae E. Wilson
This recipe originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 8 oz. cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Chips, for serving
In 8-by-8-inch dish, lightly smash the black-eyed peas with a fork. Stir in 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning; season. Spread in an even layer in dish. In bowl, stir cream cheese, the remaining garlic powder and Cajun seasoning, the lemon juice, and 1 tbsp. warm water; season. Dollop over beans; spread in even layer. Top with remaining ingredients. Serve with chips.