- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Boiling water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 1 cup drained giardiniera (pickled vegetables)
- 1/2 cup sicilian green olives or spanish pimiento-stuffed olives
- A generous handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 6- to 8-ounce fillets grouper, wahoo or mahi-mahi
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
Preheat an outdoor grill or griddle pan to medium-high heat. In a small bowl, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the garlic; season with the thyme and stir in the hot sauce.
Using a food processor, pulse the sun-dried tomatoes, giardiniera, olives and parsley into a fine relish. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the EVOO.
Brush the fish on both sides with the garlic butter and sprinkle with Old Bay and a little pepper. Place on the grill or griddle and cook, basting with more garlic butter, for 3 minutes on each side.
Toast the rolls on the grill or under a hot broiler. Slather the rolls with the olive sauce and pile on the fish and lettuce.