- Prep Time
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cucumber--peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup store-bought italian salad dressing
- 1 12-inch loaf Italian bread (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 15 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- Hot sauce
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cubanelle pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced soppressata
- 5 thin slices asiago cheese
- 1/3 pound sliced capicola or prosciutto
In a large bowl, combine the bell peppers, cucumber, onion and salad dressing. Let sit for 30 minutes or up to overnight. Drain, reserving the marinade.
Halve the bread lengthwise and scoop out the top half. Drizzle both sides with the reserved marinade.
Place the lettuce on the bread bottom and top with the olives and half of the marinated vegetables; season with the hot sauce. Top with the ham, tomato, cubanelle pepper, soppressata, asiago and capicola. Set the bread top in place and cut crosswise into 4 sandwiches. Serve with the remaining marinated vegetables.