Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 3 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 3/4 lb. cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 3 poblano chiles—halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. (a scant palmful) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tbsp.)
- 12 small (5- to 6-inch) soft corn tortillas
- Toppings: chopped or shredded little gem lettuce, crumbled queso asadero or queso fresco, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro and hot sauce
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high to high. Add the oil, three turns of the pan. Cook the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the poblanos, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing often, until the chiles are crisp- tender, about 5 minutes. Douse with the lime juice.
2. In a large, dry skillet over high heat or directly over the open flame on a gas stovetop, cook the tortillas, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, about 2 minutes.
3. Fill the tortillas with the poblano mixture; top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, cilantro and hot sauce.