- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 pkgs. instant ramen (3 oz. each), seasoning packets discarded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, toss the carrot and vinegar. In a saucepan, boil the stock and ginger until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; whisk in the sesame oil and hoisin.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high. Cook the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Cook the ramen according to package directions. Drain; divide among 4 bowls. Top with the ginger sauce, carrot, mushrooms, bean sprouts and chili-garlic sauce; garnish with the sesame seeds and sliced scallions.