- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound Swiss Emmentaler cheese, grated
- 3/4 pound Appenzeller cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Crusty bread, cubed and skewered
In a large bowl, toss the cheeses with the cornstarch. Rub the inside of a 3-quart fondue pot with the garlic; discard.
In the fondue pot, heat 1 cup wine with the lemon juice over medium-low heat until steaming but not yet simmering. Stir in the cheese mixture, 1 handful at a time, and cook until melted. If the fondue is too thick, gradually stir in up to 1/2 cup more wine. Season to taste with white pepper. Serve with the bread cubes.