Recipe by Tara Holland & Renae E. Wilson
Start to finish: 50 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into four 1 1/2-inch-thick steaks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 jars (8 oz. each) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups arugula, chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with 2 tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer the cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet. Top the cauliflower with another baking sheet, then weigh it down with a heavy ovenproof skillet. Bake until the cauliflower is browned and fork-tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
3. In a food processor, pulse 1/4 cup oil, the peppers, breadcrumbs, walnuts, 1/4 cup pine nuts, the pomegranate molasses, 1 tsp. cumin seeds, and 1 tsp. crushed red pepper until almost smooth, about 2 minutes. Season the sauce.
4. Divide the sauce among 4 plates; top with a cauliflower steak. Garnish with cumin seeds, crushed red pepper, pine nuts, the arugula, and a drizzle of oil.