- 1 cup giardiniera (Hot pickled vegetable salad), drained
- 1 cup packed baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 8 slices pullman-style white bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 thick slices provolone cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto cotto or boiled ham
- 8 thin slices hot soppressata
- 8 thin slices genoa salami
Using a food processor, grind the giardiniera, arugula and olives.
Coat 1 side of the bread slices with the butter. Build each sandwich as follows: a bread slice (buttered side out), giardiniera relish, a cheese slice, 2 prosciutto slices, 2 soppressata slices, 2 salami slices, another cheese slice, more relish and another bread slice (buttered side out).
Preheat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the sammies and cook, turning once, until the cheese melts, 6 to 8 minutes.