- Prep Time
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce (eyeball it)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning (about a palmful)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Hoisin sauce, to pass around the table
In a medium bowl, mix the chicken with the scallions, ginger, tamari, garlic and grill seasoning. Form into 8 small patties. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high to high heat until smoking. Add the patties and cook until well done, about 5 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and heat to smoking, then add the cabbage and stir-fry until wilted. Season with salt and add the sesame seeds. Pile the cabbage on plates and serve with 2 chicken patties per person. Pass the hoisin sauce around the table.