- 4 eggs
- About 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, such as Bragg
- About 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 - 10 cups (3/4 lb. total) baby spinach and baby kale or other mixed baby greens, such as Organic Girl I Heart Baby Kale blend
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound Black Forest ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced Emmentaler Swiss, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- A few scallions, whites and green tops thinly sliced on the diagonal, and bread-and-butter pickles, for garnish
In a small saucepan, cover the eggs with about an inch of water. Bring to a boil, cover, turn off the heat and let stand 10 minutes. Drain, then crack the shells and place the eggs in a bowl of very cold water. Let eggs stand for 5 minutes, then peel and slice.
In a large skillet, heat the oil, three turns of the pan, over medium. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar and maple syrup, then remove from the heat. Whisk in the Dijon. Add the greens and stir until beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the greens to plates; top with the turkey, ham, cheese and sliced eggs. Garnish with the scallions and a few pickles.