- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup hot chili paste (or substitute 1/4 cup tomato paste mixed with 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- 3 pounds spareribs or baby back ribs (ask the butcher to slice the racks in half horizontally)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. In a large bowl, combine the syrup, mustard, chili paste, vinegar and molasses. Separate the ribs and toss with the mixture; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Place the marinade in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Roast the ribs, basting with marinade every 10 minutes and flipping after half an hour, until tender, about 50 minutes. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.