- Prep Time
- 1 12 count box sugar ice cream cones
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 3 ounce bar semisweet chocolate, plus more for shavings
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Using a food processor, grind the ice cream cones into fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Divide the crumb mixture among the cups of a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and press about three-quarters of the way up the sides of each cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon almonds into each cup.
In a small, microwaveable bowl, melt 3 ounces chocolate at medium power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top the almonds with the melted chocolate to cover. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped espresso beans onto the ice cream and flatten with the back of a spoon. Add another 2 tablespoons ice cream and the remaining almonds and flatten again. Add the remaining ice cream and espresso beans, and flatten. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
Run a knife around the edges of the muffin cups to remove from the pan. Top the cakes with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.