- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 16 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the turkey and chives. Let cool, then add the cheese and set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and milk until frothy; season with salt and pepper.
Place eight 10-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet. Divide the turkey mixture evenly among the ramekins and sprinkle each with a pinch crushed red pepper. Ladle the egg mixture to about 1/2 inch from the top of each ramekin. Bake until puffy and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.