- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup uncooked gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 3 cups Corn Chex® cereal, finely crushed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (10 oz)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour blend
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, beaten until stiff but not dry
Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
Move oven rack to lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 regular-size muffin cups.
In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal, 1 cup of the cheese and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter. Divide mixture among muffin cups; press firmly in bottom and up sides of cups with spoon.
In 3-quart saucepan, stir together remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and flour with whisk; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Gradually stir in warmed milk with whisk; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted. Stir in cooked macaroni, egg yolk and salt. Fold in beaten egg white. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each crust-lined cup. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.