Recipe by Marge Perry & David Bonom
- Makes 4Servings
- 1 cup canned refried beans
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle
- 4 sub rolls, split and toasted
- 5 grilled sausages, sliced lengthwise, thawed
- 1 cup sliced grilled peppers, thawed
- 3/4 cup sliced grilled onions, thawed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
1. Make the Big-Batch Grilled Sausages, Peppers & Onions. For this recipe, portion out 5 sausages sliced lengthwise, 1 cup sliced peppers and 3/4 cup sliced onions.
2. In small bowl, mix refried beans and chipotle; spread on roll tops. Top roll bottoms with sausages, peppers, onions, avocado and cheese; set tops in place. Wrap in foil. Bake at 400° until hot, about 15 minutes.