Recipe by Grant Melton
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 oz. chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos; about 28), crumbled
- 6 tbsp. butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 oz. peanut butter cups (such as Reese’s), chopped (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese (half of an 8-oz. package)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Reese’s Pieces, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. In a food processor, pulse the cookies and butter until the cookies are finely ground. Transfer to a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup or glass, press the crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan; freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Place on a baking sheet; bake until firm, 12 to 15 minutes. If the crust puffs, press down with the measuring cup. Let cool on a wire rack.
2. To make the filling, place a metal bowl over a saucepan of barely boiling water. Add the peanut butter cups, peanut butter, cream, cream cheese and salt. Cook, stirring often, until melted. Pour into the crust. Top with Reese’s Pieces; chill until set, at least 2 hours.