- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 slices (1-inch-thick) rustic peasant bread
- 5 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 large cloves garlic halved
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bag (5 oz.) baby arugula
- 1/2 large head radicchio (about 4 oz.), torn
- 3 cans (3.75 oz. each) sardines, drained and coarsely flaked
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the bread with 2 tablespoons EVOO and grill, turning once, until well marked and crisp, about 5 minutes. Rub both sides with the garlic. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
In a large bowl, combine the mustard, lemon juice and honey. Whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and radicchio and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top each salad with the sardines and croutons.