- 1 pound meatloaf mix (veal, beef and pork)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup A-1 sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup Panko, (Jared prefers Panko but can substitute regular bread crumbs too)
- 3 cups favorite spaghetti sauce
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Italian Loaf Bread
Mix all ingredients together except the mozzarella cheese slices and bread.
Shape into small balls (meatballs). Saute in olive oil until fully cooked on all sides. Remove meatballs. Drain oil. Add meatballs back to pan.
Pour 3 cups of favorite spaghetti sauce over meatballs. Let simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
Pour meatballs and sauce into 6-inch open Italian hero. Place two slices of mozzarella on top of meatballs and place in preheated oven to melt cheese.