- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 slices whole-grain sourdough bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 large yellow onions--1/2 grated and 1 thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated plus 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (93 percent lean)
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cartons (32 oz. each) low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cans (14 to 15.5 oz. each) cannellini beans, rinsed
In a food processor, pulse bread until minced, or chop with a knife.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Mix in the grated onion, grated Parmesan, thyme, garlic and bread; season with salt and pepper. Mix in the turkey. Cover; chill 15 minutes. Form into 36 meatballs (1 rounded tbsp. each).
Spray a large pot with cooking spray; heat over medium-high. Add the mushrooms and sliced onion. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms soften and the mixture browns, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the stock; bring to a boil. Add the beans and meatballs. Reduce heat to low; simmer until the meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the shaved Parmesan.