- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cups Rice Chex® cereal, finely crushed
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 medium carrot, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix beef, cereal, tomato sauce, carrot, parsley, salt, pepper and eggs just until combined. Press half of beef mixture into pan. Spread mashed potatoes on top; cover with remaining beef mixture. Spread ketchup on top.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of meat reads 165 degrees F. Cool 15 minutes; cut into 4 squares.