Recipe by Mindy Fox
Start to Finish: 35 minutes
- 3 lb. long, thin multicolored carrots, trimmed and peeled (and halved lengthwise if thicker than 1 inch)
- 4 tbsp. butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
1. In a large, wide heavy pot, add the carrots, butter, orange juice, maple syrup, and ginger; season with salt. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until the carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the carrots to a platter.
2. Add the vinegar to the liquid in the pot. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is reduced to 2 to 3 tbsp., about 2 to 4 minutes. Drizzle the sauce over the carrots. Garnish with the parsley.
See all our Thanksgiving recipes for planners and procrastinators here.