- Prep Time
- 8 slices bacon or turkey bacon
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 4 1/2 inches thick slices tomato
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound yellow cheddar cheese
- Worcestershire sauce, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 10 ounce bag spinach leaves (about 6 cups), coarsely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Splash half-and-half or whole milk
Preheat the broiler. Place the bacon on a broiler pan and cook until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Toast the bread slices under the broiler on both sides. Top with the tomato slices and season with salt and pepper. Top the tomatoes with the cheese and broil until bubbly and golden at the edges, about 2 minutes. Place 2 slices bacon criss-crossed on top of the toasts and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Cut the toasts in half diagonally.
In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter in the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 minute. Beat the eggs with the hot sauce and half-and-half; season with salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the spinach and cook, stirring to scramble, to desired doneness. Serve with the toasts.