Trinity Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 medium russet potatoes (about 2 lbs.), peeled and cut into large pieces
- 3 ounces (6 tbsp.) cream cheese, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- 1/2- 1 cup milk or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 poblano or small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 rib celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup light lager or chicken stock
- About 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, preferably Frank's RedHot or Crystal
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chili sauce, preferably Heinz
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the Trinity Cajun Seasoning.
In a large pot, cover the potatoes with about 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain; return to the pot. Mash in the cream cheese and milk. Season with some of the Trinity Cajun Seasoning and salt and pepper. Cover; keep warm.
While the potatoes are coming to a boil, heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the oil, one turn of the pan. Add the onion, pepper, celery, thyme and garlic; season with some of the Trinity Cajun Seasoning and kosher salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the beer; cook, stirring often, until absorbed. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the breadcrumbs; let cool.
In a large bowl, mix the beef, hot sauce and Worcestershire; season. In a food processor, pulse the sausage until finely chopped; add to the beef mixture. Mix in the breadcrumb mixture and the egg. On a parchment lined or nonstick baking sheet, form 4 individual oval meat loaves, each about 1 1/2 inches thick. Brush with the chili sauce. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve with the mashed potatoes.