- 1 dozen organic eggs
- 3 - 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon yellow or dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 3/4 cup cooked lobster tail meat or lump crabmeat, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh chives and black sturgeon caviar, for garnishing
Place the eggs in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to a full boil. Turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes; drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise (or trim the tops to expose the yolks, then trim the bottoms to stand the eggs upright). Remove the yolks; transfer to a bowl. Add the mayo, onion and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth. Add lemon juice, sour cream and chopped chives. Fold in finely chopped cooked lobster tail meat or lump crabmeat.
Cut a corner off a resealable plastic bag; fill it with the yolk mixture. Pipe into the egg whites. Garnish with chopped fresh chives and black sturgeon caviar.