- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7 pounds baking potatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 pounds bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, softened
- 2 pints sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Pierce the potatoes with a fork; brush with oil. Bake until tender, 1 hour. Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain.
In a large bowl, combine the butter and sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions and cheese. Serve at room temperature.