- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 box (13.25 ox.) whole grain linguine
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 ounces grated parmesan
- 8 ounces arugula (about 5 cups), trimmed and sliced into ribbons
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine for 5 minutes less than package directions specify. Drain, reserving 2 cups cooking water.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. butter over medium-low heat. Add the bell pepper and garlic and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Add the parcooked pasta, reserved cooking water, the chickpeas, lemon zest, crushed red pepper and 1 tsp. salt. Cook until the pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese and remaining 3 tbsp. butter. Stir in the arugula and toss to wilt.