- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 2 teaspoons Marmite (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can (15 to 15.5 oz.) lentils, drained
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the remaining 1 tbsp. oil to the skillet. Add the onion and garlic. Cook over medium, stirring often, until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes, marsala, Marmite, if using, oregano and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is almost evaporated, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir the lentils into the ragu.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta to al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Return the pasta to the pot and toss with the ragu and the reserved cooking water; season. Divide among bowls and top with the Parmesan and parsley.