Recipe by Charles Grayauskie
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 9-inch deep-dish unbaked piecrust
- 3 oz. room-temperature cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, and the sugar-and-spice mixture; pour into the piecrust.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar, and lemon zest plus juice until smooth. Dollop small spoonfuls onto the top of the unbaked pie and, using a skewer or the tip of a knife, swirl into the pumpkin filling.
Bake until just set in the center, about 1 hour; let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream, if using.