- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound bowtie or other short pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pine nuts (about 4 ounces), toasted
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with the olive oil. Add the toasted pine nuts, cottage cheese, basil and lemon peel and toss. Season to taste with salt.