Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 1 1/2 lb. ground lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mixed fresh dill, cilantro, and flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp. grated onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- About 1 tsp. each ground caraway and ground cumin
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- Baby kale or Little Gem lettuce, tossed with lemon juice, EVOO, and salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, season the lamb with salt and pepper. Mix in half the fresh herbs, the onion, egg, 1 tbsp. oil, two-thirds of the garlic, and the caraway and cumin. Roll into 24 meatballs; arrange on the baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Roast until browned and cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, mint, tahini, lemon juice, and the remaining herbs and garlic; season. (Thin the sauce with a little water if it is too thick.)
4. Arrange the meatballs on a bed of greens. Serve with the sauce.