- 2 loins of lamb (about 3/4 lb. each)
- Olive oil, for coating lamb
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (about 1 1/2 tsp. zest and 4 tbsp. juice)
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 6 slices good-quality white bread, crusts trimmed
- Melted butter, for brushing bread
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
Coat the lamb with olive oil. In a spice mill, grind the porcinis into a powder; rub over lamb. Sprinkle the lamb with the rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Place the lamb on a rack set inside a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loin registers 135 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes.
While the lamb roasts, in a food processor, puree the parsley, lemon zest and juice, and the garlic; season with salt. With the machine running, stream in 1/3 cup EVOO to make the persillade.
Toast the bread until lightly golden and brush with the butter. Cut the toasts corner to corner.
Slice the lamb into 1/2-inch-thick medallions. Arrange 3 toast points on each plate, slightly overlapping at the center points. Pour the sauce down the center of the toast points, then top with the lamb.