- 8 frenched lamb rib chops (about 2 lbs. total), trimmed of fat
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Oil, for frying (half vegetable oil, half EVOO)
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees . Arrange a paper towel-lined metal rack over a large rimmed baking sheet. Using a heavy mallet, pound the lamb to 1/4 inch thick on a cutting board. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls, one with the flour seasoned with salt and pepper, another with the beaten eggs seasoned with salt and pepper, and the third with the breadcrumbs, panko, cheese, mint and parsley. Coat the chops in flour, dip in the egg, then coat in the crumbs, pressing to adhere.
In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 to 2 inches oil over medium-high. Working in batches, fry the chops until deep golden brown, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the paper towel-lined rack and place in the oven.
In a large bowl, drizzle the vegetables with EVOO and lemon juice; season and toss to coat. Serve the chops with the salad.