- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 4 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (loosely packed) fresh mint leaves
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Lettuce, sliced tomato and onion
- 4 brioche rolls, split and toasted
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high.
In a medium bowl, season the lamb with salt and pepper. Mix in the ricotta, rosemary, thyme, 1 tbsp. EVOO, and the garlic and cumin. Form into 4 patties, thinner in the centers for even cooking. Add to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes for medium (pink centers) and 10 minutes for medium-well.
In a food processor, finely chop the parsley, mint and shallots. Transfer to a bowl. Mix in 1 tbsp. EVOO, and the yogurt and vinegar; season the dressing.
Pile the lettuce, tomato and onion on the roll bottoms; top with the burgers. Slather the roll tops with lots of dressing and place on top of the burgers.