- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 2 cups snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/4 pound cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Sriracha, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
In a small saucepan, bring the rice, 3 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 15 seconds; using a spider or a strainer with a handle, transfer to a small bowl. Repeat with the carrots and then the cabbage, transferring each to a separate bowl.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high. Gently crack the eggs, one at a time, into the skillet. Cook, spooning the oil over the eggs, until the whites are just cooked and the edges are crispy, about 2 minutes.
Divide the rice among bowls. Top with separate mounds of vegetables, egg and scallions; garnish with sriracha, soy sauce and sesame seeds.